The charge of the Academic Advising Consulting and Speaker Service Advisory Board (AACSS-AB) is to:
- Determine ways to strengthen, improve and expand this member service
- Make recommendations as needed to the Executive Office and Board of Directors
- Assist the Executive Office in implementing policy and/or procedural changes
- Inform members about policy and/or procedural changes
The mission of the AACSS-AB is to:
- Assess the policies and procedures of the AACSS (formerly the Consultants Bureau).
- Determine ways to strengthen, improve, and expand this member service.
- Make recommendations as needed to the Executive Office and Board of Directors.
- Assist the Executive Office in implementing policy and/or procedural changes.
- Inform members about policy and/or procedural changes.
Vanessa Harris, University of New Mexico (2017-2019)
The Chair of the Advisory Board facilitates the work of the group by:
- Working with the Executive Office staff on issues that need attention or discussion.
- Facilitating Advisory Board discussion on issues via email and/or conference calls.
- Facilitating Advisory Board meetings during the Annual Conference.
- Working with the Executive Office and the President on appointment of new members each year.
- Providing written reports to the Board of Directors at least twice annually.
Mark Taylor, Armstrong State University (2014-2018)
Lillian Coye, University of Southern Maine (2015-2019)
Wade Oliver, Utah Valley University (2015-2019)
Justin Gerstenfield, Texas Woman's University (2015-2019)
Andy Alt, Bowling Green University (2015-2019)
Jennifer Hodges, New Mexico State University (2016-2018)
Courtney Drew, (2016-2018)
Melissa Johnson, University of Florida (2016-2018)
Cathy Swartz, Executive Office Liaison