What is provided?
- A table with a display board and a large overhead sign are provided to each CIG's Chair (or their delegated representative) to highlight your group. Potential Interest Groups are also provided tables and signs.
- The tri-fold, foam core poster board for your display (1/8" thick, black in color and measures 36" high, 48" wide, with folds located at 12" x 24" x 12") is provided at no cost. This also makes traveling easier.
- Signup sheets will be provided for each CIG, at the CIGD meeting, on which members can indicate interest in volunteering to help with activities. An updated CIGD pamphlet will be included in conference registration packets given to all attendees and a few may also be available for reference at your individual tables.
Where do I get the tri-fold board?
- At the CIG Division Meeting, Chairs are told where pick up will be. For those Interest Group Chairs and Potential Interest Group Chairs not attending the CIG Division meeting, check at the conference registration desk upon arrival to find out where to pick up your display board.
What do I do after the Fair?
- Please remove any posted items from the boards that you would like to keep. Otherwise, push pins will be removed and the boards/materials will be discarded or donated to a local organization.
- You are welcome to use your display board during your annual commission or interest group meeting. You can either take the board with you after the Fair or make arrangements for it to be stored in the conference registration area until needed for your meeting.
- Leftover handouts could be distributed at your annual meetings.
Photos from Past Fairs - Need Ideas?
Perhaps you could get some ideas for your table by looking at some of the table displays set up by Chairs at previous fairs. 2012 Photos // 2013 Photos
Display Suggestions - What should we hand out?
To assist with preparations for your unit's Fair table, below are suggested items and activities that you may wish to include:
- Flyer/newsletter highlighting your unit activities, resources, conference events, and webpage and/or listserve for all NACADA members to access, plus opportunities for member involvement
- A handout with the agenda of your unit's annual meeting at conference
- Books, articles, websites related to the group's specific topics
- A notepad for members to jot down potential questions that could be posted to your unit's list serve to generate discussions throughout the year
- Handout or posting with index of publications or webpage links from a variety of institutions with programs that focus on your unit's specific population or focus area. This info could also be posted to your unit's 'Resources' webpage
- Handouts or publications through which institutions could share standard policies and procedures working with the specific population
- Chairs could invite their commission or IG members to display their institution's publications, or highlight some of the 'best practices' in publications from institutions or specific authors.
- A list of commission-sponsored sessions
- Sign-up sheets for small dinner groups of commission or interest group members
Preparation of Your Fair Table:
Please keep in mind that it does not necessarily need to be you alone as Commission or Interest Group Chair who prepares for and staffs your Fair table. It is an expectation that all Commissions and Interest Groups participate in the Fair. However, responsibilities in preparation for this event can be delegated by you as Chair. This is a tremendous opportunity to get other members of your unit involved to help you out or take on the project entirely. The CIGD Fair is an excellent opportunity to recruit members interested in reading proposals submitted during the winter for next year's conference presentations. Nominations for Commission Chair could also be solicited if being elected next spring. For those commissions electing new Chairs, the nominees for that Chair position might also be possible proposal readers.
QUESTIONS? Please contact your CIG Division Representatives or Dawn Krause or Jennifer Joslin, the Executive Office Liaisons to the CIG Division.