The vision of the Advising Community for LGBTQA Advising and Advocacy is to provide a safe, supportive network for Academic Advising professionals to share successful practices, research, and personal stories to encourage open and supportive campus climates world-wide.
The Advising Community for LGBTQA Advising and Advocacy seeks to provide information on professional development opportunities, successful practices, and a support network for Academic Advising Professionals of all identities as they advocate for all students, whether LGBTQA-identified or not.
- The Advising Community for LGBTQA Advising and Advocacy seeks to:
- Educate the NACADA membership about current research, important information and resources available for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual and ally students, staff and faculty.
- Encourage open, supportive and productive dialogue among NACADA members regarding sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity and gender expression and its relationship to advising, education/career planning, curriculum and retention.
- Establish a forum in which NACADA members are encouraged to openly discuss LGBTQA advocacy within the association and at their institutions as well as their concerns and fears of allyhood.
- Provide a support network for LGBTQA advisors to share openly their stories, concerns, issues, or any aspects of being an LGBTQA person in the work place.
Goals for 2016-2017
- Make online
to any member of
- Update the
Website as a good
resource for our
- Increase number
of sessions about
at regional and