The NACADA Region 5 Mentoring Program is looking for mentors for Spring 2018 - Spring 2019.
What is the Region 5 Conference Mentoring Program?
The Region 5 Conference Mentoring Program is a way for graduate students and new advising professionals to become connected with a mentor who has been in the field for seven or more years. The program begins at each Region 5 conference and ends a year later at the conference. It is designed for anyone who is looking to network, gain professional development, develop an advising philosophy, learn about research or publishing strategies, or build skills as a mentor.
What are the Requirements of the Program?
- Membership Status: NACADA member at the time of application and then through the year of the program
- Attendance at the NACADA Region 5 Conference and the Mentoring Program Preconference Workshop
- Participate in the Mentor video conference on Tuesday, December 5 from 12-1:30 PM
- If selected, submit a copy of your resume and a photo
The program begins at each Region 5 conference. Participants will commit to being a mentor until the next Region 5 conference. The mentors will decide:
- How frequently they will meet
- How they will meet- in person, over the phone, Google Hangout, etc.
How Do I Become a Mentor?
- Mentors will have seven (7) or more years in the field of higher education and/or advising
- Fill out the Mentor Application by November 1, 2017 - NACADA Region 5 Mentor Application
How are Mentors and Mentees Paired?
The mentees and mentors will be given profiles of each other that are generated from the survey. Both groups will rank their top three mentors/mentees and the pairings will be created based off those requests.
Please email Michela buccini at firstname.lastname@example.org.