(Allied Membership processing is not available ONLINE; please complete, print, and fax
the Allied Application Form along with all documentation to (785) 532-7732
Allied membership with the NACADA: The Global Community for Academic Advising, encourages cooperation and joint programming with other organizations that support the purposes of NACADA. Allied membership is open to non-profit sub-regional, statewide, metropolitan, provincial, institutional, or other organizations that meet the organizational requirements.
NOTE: There is no legal involvement, connection, or obligation between the organization and NACADA, i.e., tax exemption status, CEU offerings, liability insurance, etc.
- Have goals consistent with or complementary to NACADA goals
- Have established bylaws or governing policies
- Work cooperatively with NACADA and not in competition with NACADA, its Regions, or its scheduled events
- Allied Organization Membership fees will be paid to NACADA on an annual basis
Benefits of Allied Membership:
- Access to and use of NACADA mailing lists on a reciprocal basis in accordance with current NACADA mailing list policy
- Electronic/online presence is linked to NACADA’s web site
- Identification of organization as “An Allied Member of NACADA: The Global Community for Academic Advising"
Benefits to NACADA:
- Promotion of NACADA membership and participation at meetings of the allied member
- Opportunity for NACADA regions to organize by state and sub-regions so more people can be actively involved in leadership positions
- Broadens the membership base of NACADA to include others who focus on the development of students in higher education
- The allied member category is an option in NACADA’s membership structure. Upon request from the organization, the Executive Office provides interested organizations with guidelines, requirements, and benefits of allied membership.
- The completed application will be sent to the Executive Office with required documentation and annual allied membership fee of $75.
- An organizational liaison to NACADA must be identified in the allied membership application. The liaison must be a current individual member of NACADA.
- Once the membership application is approved the Executive Office will notify the new allied member.
- Allied membership is valid for one year, from September to September.
- A current membership list of the allied group must be provided to NACADA annually with the allied membership/renewal form.