Categories: Great Lakes Region 5
|College of Veterinary Medicine
|Open Until Filled
- Serve as an academic advisor for undergraduate Veterinary Technology students in the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Duties include registration/scheduling, student development, academic and career planning, student recruitment, representation of the college at events and in select committees.
- Complete necessary paperwork and forms for proper maintenance of student records.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Master’s degree.
- One year of academic advising, student services/affairs, career development, student recruitment/outreach, teaching, counseling, and/or related professional experience.
- In lieu of a degree, consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to interpret policies and procedures.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the confidence to collaborate with faculty, staff, students and parents.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to efficiently multi task, work under pressure, handle frequent interruptions and meet deadlines.
- Capable of taking initiative, assuming responsibility and handling confidential information with discretion.
- Must possess a learning orientation to changing technology.
- Basic proficiency in software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook (Electronic email/Calendaring).
- A valid driver's license.
- Master’s degree in Education emphasis in Higher Education or Counseling.
- University academic advising and student recruitment experience.
- Knowledge of programs and majors at Purdue University.
- Familiarity with MyPurdue, Banner, COGNOS or other student information or registration systems.
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of FERPA rules for the release of student information.