Categories: Mid South Region 3
|College of Fine and Applied Arts
|Appalachian State University
|Open Until Filled
- Responsibilities of the Academic Avisor include, but are not limited to, Coordinating Advising throughout the college; Developing and disseminating best practices and clear advising information to each department;
- Responding to faculty advisors' requests;
- Assisting students with developing appropriate and realistic academic plans and course selections, and monitoring academic progress; Assisting with planning for internships and study abroad programs;
- Assisting students in academic trouble with strategies for achieving academic success.
- The College Academic Advisor will provide faculty advisors and staff with:
- A current Faculty Advising Manual and Syllabus; Orientation and support for new faculty advisors; Training and Workshops for advisors on specific advising-related topics;
- Updates of policies that affect Fine and Applied Arts majors; Assistance and guidance in responding to student concerns and academic policies.
- Advising information and brochures for distribution to faculty and students
- Targeted advising tips for Fine and Applied Arts via departmental listservs
Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
$45,000 - $50,000
- Master's degree from an accredited institution.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
- Ability to quickly learn technical advising tools including, but not limited to, Banner, Degree Works, Fortis, Self-Service, Dashboard and E-Print.
- Evidence of excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. * Strong organizational ability and attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment requiring both ability to take initiative and work independently as well as collaboratively
- Strong desire to work with a college-age student population and commitment to student success
- Exhibits commitment to execute all responsibilities with quality and excellence?
- Exhibits high level of ethics, integrity and professionalism in all dealings
- Exhibits strong work ethic and willingness and flexibility to assist with any task, as needed
- Exhibits commitment to sustainable work practices
- Respects the confidentiality of all information accessible through the position
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in academic advising, student development, counseling, education, or related field.
- Student services related work experience.
- Proficiency with SCT Banner Student System, DegreeWorks degree auditing system and Fortis File Imaging
- Experience with computerized registration.
- Experience interpreting and administering academic policies.