The academic advisor position is a full-time, 12-month appointment reporting to the Director of Undergraduate Student Services in the Bryan School of Business and Economics. The primary areas of responsibility will be to serve as an Academic Advisor for assigned undergraduate majors; to plan, coordinate and participate in student services activities as assigned; serve as lead advisor for International Programs.
- Assist undergraduate majors assigned to the position with course planning, academic goal setting, and development.
- Assist office with freshman orientation, transfer orientation and ARA sessions each semester, and recruitment events.
- Plan, coordinate, and assess current advising models to make recommendations on procedures, and practices to improve student services.International Student Services
- Lead recruiting efforts and promoting all international experiences available to Bryan School students.
- Coordinating advising for Bryan School students studying abroad.
- Assisting with the development and coordination of special international exchange and study abroad programs.
- Train USS staff and faculty on international experiences.
- Serving as the primary contact to partner institutions abroad.
- Work closely with International Programs Center, the University Registrar’s Office, Student Academic Services, and other student services offices to assist students throughout their international experiences.
Apply online at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu/
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a challenging, supportive and engaged community. Founded in 1891, UNCG is the largest and most diverse university in the Triad, serving more than 20,000 students. Standing apart from other universities, the UNCG community is joined together by a shared value: We define excellence not only by the people we attract, but by the meaningful contributions they make. More information found at https://www.uncg.edu/inside-uncg/inside-glance.php
Bryan School of Business and Economics
PO Box 26170 -- 301 Bryan, Greensboro, NC 27402-6170
- Master’s degree in appropriate field with a preference for Student Affairs or Business. •
- At least 1 year of experience working in academic advising or counseling.
- Knowledge of academic advising models and practices and understanding of international education.
- Willingness to embrace innovative advising practices through the use of technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in a team environment and to make a positive contribution toward the mission and vision of the organization.
- Adept at interacting with others in a professional and collaborative manner.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to manage sizeable projects, delegating when appropriate.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse body of faculty, staff, and students.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Participation in a study abroad program or international experience.
- Fluency in a language other than English.
- Work experience in international student services.
- Experience with Banner, Camtasia, WordPress, and Canvas.