The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Academic Advisor. The Academic Advisor, Dahlonega, works with a diverse student population, primarily in assigned major programs, individually and in groups to develop educational plans and academic, personal, and career goals. The advisor may also work with other student populations. The Academic Advisor aids in core curriculum course selection, provides information regarding major requirements appropriate for the assigned discipline, and educates students regarding University academic policies, procedures, and campus resources. The advisor uses predictive analytic software to provide targeted advising and support for students who are underachieving academically and assesses academic progress. The advisor serves as liaison to the assigned academic department, including coordinating initiatives and developing tools that support academic advising and student success. The advisor also develops and delivers student workshops and assists with advising at new student and transfer orientations.
- Assist a diverse student population, primarily in assigned majors, in developing educational plans, academic, personal and career goals, including core curriculum and major requirements
- Use predictive analytic software for targeted advising and student tracking.
- Serve as liaison to the department(s) representing major(s) advised, including coordinating initiatives that support academic advising and student success.
- Develop and deliver student workshops.
- Support advising at new student and transfer orientations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply through University of North Georgia hiretouch on website; http://ung.hiretouch.com/ Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Bachelor’s Degree required;
Must have a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain exemplary working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administrators
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present in front of large groupsMust demonstrate a strong background as a team player
Must demonstrate the ability to work under minimal supervision to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize duties
Must demonstrate a strong background in working with diversity
- Master’s Degree preferred
- One year of experience in professional advising or closely related field
- BANNER experience preferred