Categories: Mid South Region 3
|Center for Teaching and Learning
|Austin Peay State University
|Open Until Filled
The Academic Advisor responsibilities include advising students who are Academic Focus majors and assisting them in making decisions about majors and careers.
- Advise students who have not declared a major or are pursuing an Associate Degree in Liberal Arts, particularly during registration periods.
- Assist students in the process of declaring or changing a major.
- Help students understand university and degree requirements, interpret a degree evaluation, and develop a responsible approach to academic planning.
- Be knowledgeable of all academic programs at the university; maintain awareness of and integrate revisions in departmental requirements.
- Support student retention by working with advisees in academic difficulty and recommending appropriate action and resources.
- Assist the Student Success Coordinator in planning the logistics and the advisement of Academic Focus students at Govs ROW.
- Assist with the coordination and delivery of workshops and classroom presentations regarding academic advisement.
- Represent the office during campus events.
- Assist the Director in establishing student learning objectives related to the work of the department, intervene with students to produce intended outcomes and participate in assessment and evaluation.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Austin Peay State University is located on an urban campus that for more than 180 years has been used for educational purposes and on which the buildings of five colleges have stood. APSU is located in Clarksville, Tennessee, the state's fifth largest and youngest city. Austin Peay is a four-year public, masters level university offering more than 56 majors and 63 different concentrations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include evenings and weekends.
- Knowledgeable about FERPA.
- A background check will be required for the successful applicant.