- Work in collaboration with the student services team to coordinate academic support services, academic advising, undergraduate orientation program, and student events. Coordinates the communication strategy for academic advising to current students including web content, student listserv and newsletters, and social media. Supports the recruitment activities in collaboration with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Visitor’s Center to attract and retain outstanding students. Assists with recruiting events sponsored by USC Admissions including Open House and Admitted Student Day.
- Maintains strong connections with university resources and serves frequently as a student affairs liaison to the offices including: University Registrar, Student Financial Services, Student Information Services, Academic Information Systems, International Students and Scholars Office, University Health Services, Counseling and Psychological Services, and Office of Disability Services.
- Advise students interested in participating in Study Abroad. Coordinate approval of students in partnership with the Study Abroad Office. Coordinate advising, course registration, and grade reporting and degree certification. Responsible for maintaining the undergraduate student list serve and parent list serve making sure important information (i.e. drop/add dates, application for graduation dates & etc) are posted to the list serve in a timely manner.
- Effectively utilize the University’s mainframe and online systems including the Self-Service Carolina, DegreeWorks, and EAB/Pathfinder to assist in course scheduling, registration, monitor academic program and advising.
- Provide advice and counsel to a set student caseload regarding the curriculum, academic policies, programs and options. Meet with assigned students and provide advisement on course selection and progression requirements. Assist assigned advisees with registration, financial aid, fees, and other university processes when appropriate referring them to appropriate university services as necessary. Counsels students having academic problems or difficulties and makes support referrals as appropriate. Responsible for conducting pre-requisite checks and informing students of any problems
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state's flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 "Best Colleges" according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state's educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.