1. Answers pre-nursing student inquiries and assists with questions related to curriculum and course prerequisites, referring to catalogues, written course descriptions, and other appropriate sources.
2. Receives and reviews transcripts to ensure eligibility for admission to the nursing department including evaluation of transfer credits and applicability of academic credit to program requirements.
3. Initiates and maintains individual student files as appropriate, updating and evaluating file as new information is received.
4. Reviews student files to ensure deadlines are met for admission applications for clinical courses.
Collaborates with representatives from the nursing department to assist pre-nursing students in meeting academic requirements for admission.
6. Assists financial aid and/or other counseling personnel by providing records, evaluations, interpretations, and other requested data, recommendations, and conclusions according to standards of confidentiality.
7. May participate in training and evaluative sessions and recommend methods to improve advisement activities.
8. Monitor the progress of advisees.
9. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
LSU includes institutions, facilities and programs in each of Louisiana’s 64 parishes, and its campuses stretch the length of the state from New Orleans to Shreveport. Each institution plays a vital role in preparing students to incorporate new knowledge and technologies into their daily lives. LSU researchers across Louisiana are working on developing a wide-range of innovations to improve quality of life by studying issues such as disease management, advance medical treatments, obesity, coastal protection, hurricane preparedness, energy, natural resource management and agriculture, among others. Louisiana’s Flagship University is a land-, sea- and space-grant institution with academic programs in all areas of science, engineering, humanities, arts and social sciences.