The Academic Advisor for the School of Business provides academic advising to students and prospective students enrolled in Accounting, Business Administration, Business Economics & Finance, and CMIS programs as well as students minoring in Business Administration and undergraduate students coded as pre-business. Advisement may also extend to MBA, MS in CMIS, and MMR students.
- Duties include informing students of accurate and current curricular information on undergraduate and select graduate programs, clarifying program major and minor requirements, conducting transfer-credit evaluation, providing program admissions information, informing students of probationary/suspension status, reviewing commencement eligibility, and conducting graduation checks.
- The Academic Advisor will also assist with program recruitment and retention, and maintain all appropriate records for students under their guidance.
- Additionally, the Academic Advisor will assist the School of Business in short-term and long-term academic program planning and support, help maintain curriculum guides, serve as a referral to other offices and agencies, and provide counsel with regard to students’ program changes and career plans.
- The professional responsibilities of this position may necessitate evening hours and occasional weekend hours.
- The Academic Advisor may be assigned additional duties that support the School’s mission and goals.
Applicants must submit (upload) a letter of application, resume, unofficial academic transcripts, including those for SIUE, and a list of at least three professional references through University Website: https://siue.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=7111&job=academic-advisor-7111
For information about Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, please visit http://www.siue.edu/business/
This position is a current Administrative / Professional vacancy at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. The position posting will close to applicants at close of business, 4:30 pm CST, on the posting end date.Applicants must submit (upload) a letter of application, resume, unofficial academic transcripts, including those for SIUE, and a list of at least three professional references through HireTouch.To apply for a vacancy, click the “Apply” button, which will prompt you to access your existing HireTouch account or create a new account. Instructions for creating a new account are available at: HireTouch Set-Up. Only create a new account if you have NEVER created an account. In your HireTouch account, you will upload all necessary documentation as requested above. After logging in or completing your new profile, you can then complete your application process for individual positions. Once you have applied, you may click the Positions For Which You Have Applied link to review your submission. Applicants will be subject to a background check and/or drug screening prior to an offer of employment. For technical assistance or for questions regarding the HireTouch system, contact Doug James at email@example.com
For information on general recruitment at SIUE, contact Jen Oates-Blair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Norris Manning, Director