Categories: Great Lakes Region 5
|College of Science Administration
|Open Until Filled
As an Academic Advisor, you will provide academic advising for first and second year Biology, Chemistry, Pre-professional and Science Undecided undergraduate students in the College of Science. You will also respond to emails and phone calls from prospective and admitted undergraduate students, their family members, faculty and university staff and be accessible and available to students to respond to their questions and concerns. Additionally, you will communicate with students regarding curricular and co-curricular opportunities and available options for meeting curricular requirements.
- A cover letter indicating interest in the position is required.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Master's degree.
- One year of work experience with academic advising, student services, student affairs, career development, education/teaching (high school-level or above), and/or related experience.
- In lieu of a Master's degree, a Bachelor's degree plus three years of work experience with academic advising, student services, student affairs, career development, education/teaching (high school-level or above), and/or related experience will be considered.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Excellent customer service skills and professionalism in dealing with external business partners, students, faculty and staff.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build working relationships among a diverse undergraduate student population at all levels.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Motivated individual with ability to efficiently multi task, work under pressure, handle frequent interruptions and meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify and determine problems, analyze information and implement solutions.
- Capable of taking initiative, assuming responsibility and handling confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team environment.
- Must possess a learning orientation to changing technology.
- Basic proficiency in software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook (Electronic email/Calendaring).