The Department of Spanish and Portuguese, within the College of Arts and Sciences, seeks an Academic Advisor to join our team. The College of Arts and Sciences is the largest college and the academic heart of the university. The College hosts 81 majors. With 38 departments, 20+ world-class research centers, and more than 2,000 faculty and staff members, students have the unique opportunity to study with the best artists, scholars, and scientists in their field. The College values diversity and offers a supportive, open, and inclusive community.
This position is a member of a team of academic advisors serving units in Hagerty Hall, including the Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, Department of Comparative Studies, Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures, Film Studies Program, Department of French and Italian, Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures, Department of Near Eastern Languages and Cultures, Department of Slavic and East European Languages and Cultures, and the Department of Spanish and Portuguese. This position advises undergraduate students for Spanish & Portuguese regarding general education, major and minor degree requirements.
- Advises Spanish & Portuguese students on course selection.
- Makes appropriate referrals to university offices.
- Serves as liaison to faculty in the department served, making appropriate referrals to students for faculty mentoring.
- Participates in departmental meetings and events.
- Teaches college survey course.
- Participates in new student orientation process.
- Engages with other advisors within the Hagerty Hall advising team and serves as back up for other advisors.
- Attends advising staff meetings.
- Participates in recruitment by meeting with prospective students and parents to provide information regarding major programs; assists with commencement activities including rehearsal and graduation.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
$17.79 - $18.99 Hourly
Keller,Adam Douglas - 614/292-8633