Salaries and rank commensurate with education and experience. Promotional opportunities may be available within established career development plan. Busy office with frequent interruptions. Position is primarily 8:00-5:00, Monday through Friday. Evenings and weekends may be required for special events. Academic Counselors may be asked to travel off campus for recruiting events.
- Provides quality academic advising related to the exploration of personal, academic, and professional goals to Spears School of Business undergraduate students.
- Performs administrative duties and assist with the engagement and retention initiatives of the Business Student Success Center.
- Teaches sections of BADM 1111: First Year Seminar.
Oklahoma State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/E-verify employer committed to diversity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected category. OSU is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. OSU will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Bachelor's degree.
- Will be required to utilize Student Information System and other university computer programs to assist with student enrollment and advisement processes.
- Must be service oriented and able to work with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and the general public in a fast-paced environment with many interruptions.
- Master's Degree in Social Sciences, Education, Counseling, or Business.
- 4 years related experience.