Serving as an engaged member of the Engineering Student Services Team, the position will advise undergraduate students in the College of Engineering ENGusing knowledge of ENG programs, policies, and procedures of the college as well as university programs.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse populations we serve. The university fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration so that all individuals are able to participate and contribute to their full potential. As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See: http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.
Nancy Re, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of experience with 1:1 college (or closely related) student contact required. Master’s degree in related field may substitute for experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student backgrounds necessary.
- Must have demonstrated competency in common office technology software systems. Ability to learn extensive requirements, policies and procedures essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, organization/time management and computer skills necessary.
- Must be able to work as an effective team member.
- Master’s degree in higher education administration, college student personnel, counseling or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated advising and/or counseling skills desirable.
- Prefer experience using student information systems and technology platforms.
- Experience/degree from discipline related to the home unit of the position helpful.