Academic Advisor Miami University Oxford, OH
- Academic Advisor to advise a cohort of Honors students by providing regular and timely advice and assistance in meeting Honors requirements through course work and other high-impact educational experiences;
- provide programmatic advising and support to undergraduate students in the University Honors Program (UHP) as described in the UHP Advising Plan; counsel students on proposing course extension and co-/extra-curricular Honors Experiences;
- evaluate and approve Honors Experience proposals; monitor completion of the proposed experience;
- and evaluate the final Honors Experience reflection;
- counsel students on proposing Honors with Distinction projects;
- evaluate and approve Honors with Distinction project proposals; monitor completion of the proposed project;
- evaluate and approve completed Honors with Distinction projects; assist in the planning, implementation, or assessment of programs relating to specific student populations, such as: new students (orientation programs), University Studies (undeclared majors), transfer, and prospective students; collaborate with one or more UASP faculty coordinators to develop programming; participate in high ability student recruitment and yield events by representing the University Honors Program to prospective students and their families; teach a first-year experience course (UNV 101: I am Miami) as needed;
- serve as a resource for faculty and other professional advisors across the University; participate on committees, intra-office working groups, or special projects; other duties as assigned by the Senior Associate Director or Director.
Submit a cover letter and resume and three letters of reference (as “other”) to https://miamioh.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=5373
Salary: $40,000. Screening of applicants will begin April 2, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is firmly committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. Miami University immediately investigates and takes disciplinary and/or remedial action when appropriate. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or by phone at (513) 529-3560.
Direct inquiries to Pam Engel at firstname.lastname@example.org.