Coordinate and provide operational support to efforts aimed at achieving academic progress for students within a designated target group.
- Monitor and advise students regarding academic progress in courses, short/long-term goals, study skills and time management.
- Inform academic advising staff regrading individual student registration issues.
- Coordinate use of academic support resources offered by other campus units.
- Monitor and prepare, maintain and distribute records relative to student academic progress.
- Provide study skills assistance through selected sources, personal counseling.
- Provide administrative support to academic advising efforts within unit.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Center for Academic Enrichment (CAE) fosters growth by giving students the opportunity to engage with one another and faculty in research and innovation programs, academic seminars, campus-wide engagement activities, living-learning communities, and other endeavors in which they can share ideas, explore possibilities, and take initiative. CAE is a unit within the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education. It is located Suite 205 in the Clough Undergraduate Learning Commons. Additional information about CAE and its programs can be found at https://enrichment.gatech.edu
Position will support and impact first-year student development and student leader development. Development of student leader training and curriculum will also be impacted by this position. This position will coordinate and monitor student leader programs and training, and will provide coordination support for academic programs. This position will also serve to facilitate communication between campus stakeholders, including students, faculty, and staff, and will impact student program development and growth. The position will also serve a critical function in preparing, maintaining, and coordinating student records and in the course scheduling process. Position will provide administrative support for multiple student development programs. The Academic Coordinator I position will be a 1-year contract position.