Academic Counseling Professional II
Categories: South Central Region 7
|Price College of Business Graduate Programs
|University of Oklahoma
|Open Until Filled
- Responsible for advising graduate programs in Norman including residential and online programs.
- Advises graduate and prospective students regarding college admissions, degree programs, and academic schedules.
- Processes applications and generates admission letters.
- Responds to student inquiries regarding academic issues.
- Responsible for maintenance of academic information for each assigned student; verifies completion of degreerequirements.
- Assists in producing an annual newsletter and coordinates graduate events.
- Assists in generating division and college reports and assessments.
- Provides regular updating of program materials as necessary.
- May represent the college at recruiting events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Graduate Advising Director.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 18-36 months of advising experience
- Ability to speak, read and write clear, concise English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, faculty and staff
- Able to produce reports and complete work within deadlines
- Strong initiative to solve problems
- Master's Degree in Counseling or higher education/student services experience.
- Previous OU graduate advising experience.
- Knowledge of OU Graduate College policies and procedures.
- CollegeNet experience.