The Exploratory advising team seeks an Academic Counselor who will provide holistic, individualized assistance to students in their major and career decision-making processes, specifically targeting students who are undecided, pre-unit students, and those transitioning between majors. This position will be housed in the newly formed Student Success Center.
- Meet individually with students and apply various advising and coaching techniques to assist students in their academic, personal, and career development.
- Assist students through major exploration, degree planning, registration, and re-enrollment processes as well as navigating academic issues.
- Monitor student progress and provide sustained, developmentally appropriate coaching to targeted populations.
- Instruct the first-year orientation course as well as other courses targeting exploratory students.
- Collaborate with the Student Success Center team and campus partners (e.g. the Career Development Center and academic units) in offering programs and services designed to improve student persistence.
- Utilize advising and student records software to maintain accurate and detailed advising notes, track students, and schedule advising appointments.
- Participate in professional development opportunities and integrate new or improved knowledge into advising practice.
- Promote student success for all within UofL’s diverse student population by working collaboratively with colleagues dedicated to providing student-centered, highly engaged student contact.
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at employ.edu or 502.852.6258.
Salary minimum $32,390.