In a department of 1500+ undergraduate majors, this position will assist in overseeing the complex academic advising process for all undergraduate students to support them in making successful progress toward their degree objectives. Incumbent will assist in managing, with the Lead Advisor and School of Art (SOA) Associate Director for Undergraduate and Graduate Studies, all services which come under the purview of the SOA Advising Office.
- Meet individually and in groups with 1500+ undergraduate students to provide information and advice regarding requirements of 13 different degree options in Studio Art disciplines, Art History, and Art Education, as well as the Biomedical Illustration Certificate.
- Manage complicated and confidential student issues and refer to Associate Director for Undergraduate and Graduate Studies and/or SOA Director as appropriate.
- Handle early student progress assessment and follow-up regarding appropriate coursework for students in 13 different undergraduate degree programs.
- Evaluate transcripts for transfer students.
- Assist students with necessary paperwork for petitions and appeals and other documents including OPT and CPT paperwork from the Center for International Education.
- Assist with the preparation of documents for incoming students.
- Attend, present, and organize materials for SOAR consulting with the SOA Lead Advisor, Director, Associate Director for Undergraduate and Graduate Studies, and Administrative Coordinator.
- Consult with SoA Lead Advisor, Director, Associate Director for Undergraduate and Graduate Studies, and AAS about enrollment trends and identify problematic patterns.
- Collect and analyze data or information for the Director, Lead Advisor and AAS.
- Apply and utilize various statistical and research methods; organize and present data and information in a concise and logical manner.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports which are clear, concise, and comprehensive.
- Assist with overseeing the day-to-day activities of the SOA Advising Office to ensure accurate and comprehensive service to students, prospective students, faculty, and other visitors.
- Assist in the supervision of the SoA advising office staff and student assistant positions to provide quality and efficient service.
- Assist the Lead Advisor with updating program planners, roadmaps, and in-house undergraduate advising guides, forms, and other documents.
- Gather data and information to assist the Lead Advisor and Associate Director for Undergraduate and Graduate Studies with the annual program review and assessment process.