Salisbury University, a member of the University System of Maryland, is a regionally accredited four-year comprehensive institution offering 58 distinct graduate and undergraduate programs. Located on the historic Eastern Shore, SU's beautiful campus is some 30 miles from the Atlantic beaches and 2.5 hours from Baltimore and Washington, D.C. Salisbury University is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Advising Services Coordinat
- Act as a liason between the Academic Advising Center and the ASC's affiliated school.
- Oversee advising processes and training for faculty advisors/mentors.
- Provide support in the areas of recruitment, academic achievement, retention, and graduation.
- Maintain an understanding of and communicate university policies, procedures, and initiatives.
Please visit our website http://www.salisbury.edu/hr/careers/ to apply online. See the FAQs of the Online Employment Application System for more information and instructions. To be considered an applicant, you must apply online and submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references. All documents that you wish to provide must be submitted with your application in the Online Employment Application System. Applications received by March 19, 2018 will receive full consideration; the position is open until filled.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of Salisbury University. We strive to create a truly diverse and inclusive environment where the richness of ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives of our community is harnessed to create value for our University community to include students, faculty, and staff, today and in the future. To this end, the University recruits exceptional and diverse faculty, staff, and students from across Maryland, the United States, and around the world, supporting all members of the University community as they work together to achieve institutional goals and vision. To learn more about the University's commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive campus, please visit http://www.salisbury.edu/equity/. Salisbury University (SU) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunities to all qualified people. To that end, the University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Direct all inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policy to: Humberto Aristizabal, Associate Vice President, Institutional Equity, Title IX Coordinator, 100 Holloway Hall, Tel. (410) 548-3508. PI101352778
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/4f4gjnpvr8f9gy59
- Master's in Higher Education, College Student Development, Counseling or related field and 3-5 years of academic advising or student affairs experience
- Must be detail-oriented and have excellent interpersonal, customer service, organization and planning, prioritization, problem solving, follow through, time management, and oral and written communication skills.
- Also must be flexible and possess the ability to successfully handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and work well under pressure, independently, and in a team-oriented environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Preferred experience with PeopleSoft, EAB Student Success Collaborative, and College Scheduler.
- This is a full-time, exempt, State position with a full benefits package.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.