- Supervise, train, and evaluate (1) staff to ensure efficient management of student services which encompasses advising, registration, admissions, orientation, evaluation of credit, career coaching, and check-out/graduation, for 5,000+ students; and, (2) administrative staff in the preparation of academic action reports and student notifications and statistical reports.
- Serve as liaison with Academic Affairs, University Registrar, Admissions, University College, Student Aid, Career Services, and other Senior Colleges.
- Represent College of Engineering on university-wide committees, including the Council of Associate and Assistant Deans, Academic Intervention Team, Dean of Students' Hearing Panel, and Experience LSU.
- Oversee the development and updating of automated degree audits for 11 majors and 15 minors; the General Catalog; advising materials; and curricula forms.
- Make administrative decisions for college dealing with complex student problems, including late registration, grade appeals, etc.
- Coordinate the College’s participation in SPIN and FOAP activities, and in CoE recruiting, retention and career development.
- Assess college policies, making recommendations that support an environment of student success.
- Attend national and regional conferences and networks with campus partners and peer institutions, to adopt practices and policies that help students.
- Coordinate the development and revision of articulation agreements, memorandums of understanding, and dual degree programs with two-year and four-year colleges and universities, both in-state and out of state.
- Support the College’s international education initiatives as the primary campus contact for student issues.
- Provide guidance for the Dean's Office and faculty on matters concerning students and student organizations, including rendering decisions on undergraduate appeals.
- Support college recruitment activities (eg. Kickoff) through presentations, meetings, and pre-college student interaction.
LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; annual and sick leave; 14 paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption; training and development opportunities; employee discounts and more!LSU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity/equal access employer.
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu.