Applications are being accepted for the position of Associate Dean, College of Natural Resources and Environment at Virginia Tech. This is a 12-month administrative and professional (AP) appointment.
The Associate Dean reports directly the Dean of the college and is a member of the senior leadership team, which includes associate deans, department heads, the Executive Administrative Assistant, and the Directors of Advancement, Alumni Relations, Communications, Information Technology, Administration and Finance, the Advising Center, the Center for Leadership in Global Sustainability, and the Virginia Water Resources Research Center. The Associate Dean is a strategic partner and advisor to the Dean and is responsible for establishing and executing short- and long-term goals and initiatives, e.g., enrollment management, capital planning, coordination of new research initiatives, and the alignment of all functions with the college's priorities, goals, and initiatives. When the Dean is absent or unavailable, the Associate Dean will have authority in all areas of the college, including signature authority for all personnel and fiscal needs, and will represent the Dean at on- and off-campus functions.
The Associate Dean must work collegially and in support of the academic departments, the Advising Center, the Advancement Team, the graduate program in the NCR, and the business, human resources, and capital infrastructure functions of the college.
- Collaborate with and support the Director of the Advising Center and the Advising Center staff in relation to undergraduate academic affairs.
- Oversee the college's research portfolio, including data collection and analysis.
- Coordinate with the college's diversity and inclusion committee and oversee the activities and progress of diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Represent the college at meetings across the university and in governance on campus.
- Serve as a resource base for the department heads on issues of faculty affairs, promotion and tenure, policy and governance, and special projects in the college where a departmental contribution is needed.
- Work closely with other members of the Dean's leadership team in evaluating administrative needs and determining how best to respond to challenges and opportunities for improvement; work with members of the leadership team to identify opportunities for realizing potential efficiencies and economies of scale in areas that cut across programs and administrative functions.
- Collaborate with the Dean's office staff on an as-needed basis.
- In the Dean's absence, make day-to-day operational decisions as they relate to administrative operations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean.
The College of Visual Arts and Design at the University of North Texas consists of the Departments of Art Education & Art History, Design, Studio Art, and the Onstead Institute for Education in the Visual Arts & Design. The College of Visual Arts and Design (CVAD) at the University of North Texas (UNT) assumes a critical role in building our region into a world-renowned center for culture and education. CVAD fosters creative futures for its diverse student population and the area through rigorous arts-based education, arts- and client-based studio practice, scholarship and research.