This is a full-time, probationary position within the College of Management. This position is responsible for managing and directing the provision of academic advising services for the college, including hiring, supervision and development of professional and support staff in the college’s Undergraduate/Graduate Advising Center; development of policies and procedures pertaining to College of Management academic advising; providing leadership for the college in academic advising matters.
- Coordinate and conduct advisor training for faculty and academic advising staff of the college.
- Provide leadership for development of an advising service model and for continuous improvement of college advising services.
- Develop advising systems to support cooperative efforts with two year college partners.
- Oversee the development and implementation of new technologies to support academic advisors and academic advising functions.
- Act as college and university expert on issues related to academic advising within the college.
- Serve as spokesperson and liaison for the college on academic advising matters, both within the university and externally.
- Advise the Dean and faculty on issues related to students, student academic standing, and college and university academic requirements and policies.
- Provide COM advising information to the university community through the print and electronic media (mailings, COM and university newsletters, and web page and social media).
- Serve as a member of the university Advising Forum and Advising Leadership Committee.
- Serve as academic advisor for assigned caseload of advisees.
- Provide a wide range of services including conducting group advising sessions, assisting students with academic planning and addressing issues affecting their academic success; approving degree plans, graduation, and providing student advocacy and retention support services.
- Address College of Management student complaints and issues related to academic advising.
- Advise the College of Management Dean, faculty and professional staff advisors on academic advising and student success issues.
Metropolitan State University, a member of the Minnesota State, serves approximately 11,000 students in the greater Twin Cities Metropolitan area. We are the most diverse university in the system, with approximately 41% of our students coming from communities of color. The university offers programs leading to baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. We provide accessible, high quality liberal arts, professional and graduate education with continued emphasis on marginalized groups, including adults and communities of color. Recognized in 2008 by the Carnegie Foundation for Community Engagement and named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the university is committed to academic excellence and community engagement through curriculum, teaching scholarship and services designed to support an urban mission. Visit our web site at http://www.metrostate.edu For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: www.metrostate.edu/security
In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.Metropolitan State University is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Director of Admissions
Search Committee Chair