Director of Student Retention
Categories: Mid South Region 3
|Student Retention Initiative
|Tennessee State University
Tennessee State University seeks to hire a Coordinator/Success Coach for a Student Retention Initiative. The primary responsibility of this position will be to monitor and track the academic progress of assigned students; monitor the implementation of project activities, and maintain communication with faculty and staff in support of students facing academic challenges. This position reports to the Director of SAFRA.
- Coordinate with Activity Directors to ensure that implementation of prescribed activities are carriedout in accordance with specified objectives
- Participate in planning and developing methods for program implementation and administration
- Assist with coordination of program activities
- Meet monthly with each activity director to brainstorm and/or enhance implementation plans andgauge progress
- Provide academic coaching and support for students on an ongoing basis; monitor and track studentprogress; maintain communication with faculty and staff in support of students
- Review records and activity reports to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specifiedprogram objectives and measurable outcomes
- Research and recommend modifications to methods or procedures as required to redirect activitiesas needed and ensure that measurable outcomes are pursued and attained
- Assist with budget planning and preparation
- Assist in controlling expenditures in accordance with budget allocations for individual activity
- Communicate regularly with direct supervisor and provide solutions to and for students facingchallenges
- Perform other job related duties as required.
http://www.tnstate.edu/hr/employment for more information.
Tennessee State University
3500 John A. Merritt Blvd.
Nashville, TN 37209
Grant funded position. Depends upon availability of performance and funding.
Dr. Sessi Aboh email@example.com
- Requires a Bachelor's degree with two years of experience in coordinating educational projects, or initiatives, summarizing and reporting results to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge/skills/ Abilities: Experience in the utilization of databases, and spreadsheets; excellent written and verbal communication; experience utilizing secondary data; experience and skills in research and analysis techniques appropriate for higher education; ability to conceptualize plan, and implement survey research projects; and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects within specified time frames.
- The successful candidate must also demonstrate strong initiative, independent thinking, and follow-through skills.
- They will also be proficient in using MS Suite; some experience with SPSS will be a plus.