Responsible to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, College of Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences, for providing leadership and direct oversight of the advisement, recruitment, and retention efforts within the College; Assists the academic advisors to develop and implement strategies to improve student success. Serves as the liaison to academic departments and other administrative units.
- Coordinates, supervises and evaluates the College’s academic advisors.
- Coordinates and oversees academic advising processes and student success initiatives.
- Coordinates advising for the eight programs with the three departments within the College.
- Provides training for College advisors.
- Identifies best practices to improve the advisement process within the College including the utilization of campus-wide technology initiatives.
- Identifies and determines advising staff roles within the College in coordination with the Dean’s office.
- Creates a positive and productive work environment that benefits advisors, staff, and students.
- Serves as a liaison to the Dean’s office and the departmental academic administrators in order to develop best practices in academic advising and to effectively serve the students within these departments.
- Establishes recruitment and retention goals and implements strategies to attain these goals for the College.
- Consults with other college and university administrators, faculty, advisors and staff to plan and implement activities to promote student success, satisfaction and retention.
- Provides feedback to the Dean’s office regarding the functions, activities and accomplishments of advisement, recruitment and retention with the College.
- Gathers data and develops reports for strategic planning purposes related to advisement, recruitment, and retention opportunities.
- Provides one-on-one advisement to students in the clinical and rehabilitative health programs within the college, as well as pre-professional students interested in physical therapy, occupational therapy, audiology, and speech-language pathology.
- Represents the College, Dean and associate deans as requested at events or university orientations.
- Serves on various university and college committees.
- Researches student concerns/problems and makes appropriate recommendations. Interprets, monitors, and administers university and TBR policy.
- Provides initial counseling and referral of students to university/campus resources. Attends conference, training, and meetings related to advisement, recruitment, or retention for the College.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
East Tennessee State University is located in Johnson City, TN. ETSU is a Doctoral / Research University (DRU) and Tennessee's fourth largest university. ETSU has over 14,500 undergraduate, graduate and professional students. ETSU employees over 2,200 full-time employees including over 800 faculty. ETSU is comprised of 11 colleges and schools including the James H. Quillen College of Medicine and Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy. ETSU participates at the NCAA Division I level in sports and is a member of the Southern Conference. East Tennessee State University is an AA/EEO employer
Dr. Lynn Williams, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, email@example.com