The Eberly College of Arts and Sciences at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Director of Undergraduate Studies. This position will be responsible for the management and administration of 35 undergraduate programs and approximately 5,000 undergraduate majors. The Director is the point of contact for all of the College’s Undergraduate Programs and is accountable for compliance issues, student conflict resolution, and probation and suspension processes.
- Identify and implement systems, policies, and processes that will enhance the undergraduate academic experience and improve service to the student body, with a particular focus on retention.
- Develop programs to enhance post-baccalaureate transition for all of the College undergraduate majors.
- Work collaboratively with a variety of offices across campus to assist with policy interpretation, retention efforts, and process improvement.
- Collaborate with the College’s Student Success Coordinator to guide advising practices to improve retention and completion benchmarks.
- Assist in gathering information and documents related to conflict resolution and disciplinary actions, and report findings, produce outcome letters, and oversee probation and suspension as necessary.
- Coordinate and implement policy to ensure that all graduation procedures have been followed and all requirements for completion of degree program have been met.
- Develop and present annual and ad hoc training sessions for departmental faculty and staff regarding undergraduate policy guidelines, admission, graduation certification, assistantship, and meritorious tuition waver policies and procedures.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer athttp://hr.wvu.edu/.