The Student Success Center (SSC) invites applications for the position of Director of the Academic Advising Center. This exciting, newly structured position provides an opportunity for the director to continue to develop and enhance academic advising both within the SSC and across the university. The director will provide academic support and guidance for students to create academic and co-curricular plans, connect students with resources and opportunities, and serve as a source of ongoing support through students' academic career. This position has a start date of June 1, 2018.
- Individual guidance and support: work with students individually to create curricular and co-curricular plans for timely graduation and long-term success
- Supervision and Leadership: supervise staff, including recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluation; interpret and evaluate descriptions/explanations of problems brought forward by individuals, groups, organizations, faculty, and administrators; analyze and define the issues; draw valid conclusions; and propose appropriate and effective solutions
- Academic Advising Leadership: lead campus partners and garner support for the design, planning, development, and implementation student-responsive, assessment-driven advising activities that support student retention and success; work with constituents and stakeholders to develop new initiatives and interventions while expanding current programs
- Records and Data Management: maintain appointment and walk-in availability in online systems; record information about student appointments, conversations, and referrals; develop ongoing SSC advising report for documented SSC advising interactions
- Optional: teach a section of freshman year BU 100
Bellarmine University is a dynamic, growing university with a strong liberal arts focus in the Catholic higher education tradition and a bold vision for the future. Bellarmine has undergraduate and graduate enrollment of nearly 4,000 students, and continues to add new academic programs while maintaining small class sizes and personal attention to students. Bellarmine is listed in the Princeton Review's Best 382 Colleges, is one of the top 15 Southern regional universities in U.S. News and World Report's 2018 college rankings, and is a top university in Forbes' list of America's best colleges. In a survey by The Princeton Review, students praised Bellarmine as a place that is "welcoming to every single person and makes an effort to include everyone." Bellarmine students, faculty and staff engage in more than 25,000 cumulative hours of service each year, in Louisville and around the nation and world.Bellarmine is located on a scenic 175-acre campus in the Highlands neighborhood of Louisville, KY, which Glassdoor recently recognized one of the nation's top 10 cities where pay goes the furthest, and National Geographic calls it a top 10 food city. ZipRecruiter calls Louisville a top 10 city for job seekers, thanks in part to its central location and low unemployment. Louisville is within a day's drive of two-thirds of the U.S. population.Bellarmine is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons of diverse backgrounds to apply for positions.
Kevin Rasp, SHRM-CP Human Resource Generalist