Objective: The Graduate Intern position in Undergraduate Academic Services is an opportunity for a qualified graduate student to gain valuable, in-depth knowledge and skills pertaining to higher education and academic advising. The practicum is intentionally created to allow the graduate intern to explore various areas of interest and continue the process of attaining and strengthening their professional competencies.
Terms of Appointment: - 8-10 hours per week for the full 2018-2019 academic year (fall and spring semesters)
Please note: A full academic year commitment is required for this appointment
Non-paid Graduate Internship position - Student must receive academic credit for the internship from their graduate school program
Responsibilities and opportunities may include and are not limited to:
- Provide in-depth academic counseling and developmental advising via scheduled appointments and walk-in hours
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Contribute to the idea generation/creation/delivery of academic advising programming for undergraduate students
- Create and deliver an in-service session to the professional and peer team on an advising topic of interest
- Join campus-wide committee meetings and be exposed to opportunities for collaboration (as available)
- Assist with the planning and execution of new student initiatives, including New Student Registration Day in the spring, programming, and/or seminar as available
- Be assigned a small case load of students on Academic Performance (when available and appropriate)
- Participate in the spring semester Academic Performance Committee meeting
Please forward a letter of interest, current resume, and the names and contact information of two references by April 10, 2018 to: Valerie Como, Senior Academic Advisor Undergraduate Academic Services Bentley University 175 Forest Street, Waltham, MA 02452-4705 Phone: 781.891.2246 Fax: 781.891.2729 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bentley University is one of the nation's leading business schools, dedicated to preparing a new kind of business leader and one with the deep technical skills, broad global perspective, and high ethical standards required to make a difference in an ever-changing world. Located on a classic New England campus just minutes from Boston, Bentley is a dynamic community of leaders, scholars, and creative thinkers.
Undergraduate Academic Services (UAS) at Bentley University is a dynamic, cutting edge, student-centered office offering a variety of comprehensive academic advising services to Bentley’s undergraduate students. Our mission is to provide primary support to the undergraduate campus community of faculty, staff, and students by interpreting and implementing college academic curriculum, policies, and procedures. Our professional and peer advisors can help students get the most out of their Bentley experience.