The Academic Advisor I is an entry level advising position. Under direct supervision, the Advisor I will be engaged in academic advising activities that support UA at the institution or college level.
The Advisor I position performs essential advising duties to promote student success with a focus on students interested in pursuing law school after graduation. Supports students in academic and degree plan development, exploring relevant experiential opportunities, and preparing competitive law school applications. Facilitates various pre-law related opportunities on campus including work with the Pre-Law Student Association.
The University of Alabama is an Equal Employment/Equal Educational Opportunity Institution. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, genetic or family medical history information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, and will not be discriminated against because of their protected status. Applicants to and employees of this institution are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. Follow the link below to find out more. "EEO is the Law" Poster
Minimum - $ 29120.04 Midpoint - $ 42390.36
- Bachelor's degree and some experience. Student or Graduate Assistant, Intern, or student oriented experience will be considered.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Public speaking skills.
- Computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet and/or database management.
- Good planning, coordinating, and organizing skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret policies and procedures.
- Relevant experience working in an academic support, teaching, recruitment, and/or admissions position.
- Student or Graduate Assistant, Intern, or student-oriented experience will be considered.
- Master’s degree preferred.