The College of Business and Economics is seeking applications for a Retention Specialist. This position will work closely with the Assistant Dean of Undergraduate Programs and the Director of Recruitment and Retention to provide a comprehensive and culturally sensitive set of support services designed to ensure the academic success of students as measured by high retention and graduation rates. The Retention Specialist is responsible for all aspects of identifying, designing, coordinating and supervising the comprehensive program of academic support services, interventions and activities to improve retention for B&E students.
- Facilitate various aspects of New Student Orientation, the student mentoring program and the Living Learning Community (LLC).
- Assist the Director of Recruitment and Retention with in-house recruitment activities such as open houses, campus visits and on-campus college fairs.
- Develop measurable retention strategies and action plans for key student cohorts within the College to identify priorities, strategic goals and action plans to enhance student progress to degree completion.
- Facilitate the B&E Mid-year Academy, working closely with B&E students who are on probation to provide solutions and alternatives.
- Collect, analyze and report student persistence/learning/satisfaction data and compare it to internal benchmarks and national/peer institution data.
- Counsel suspended students on the appeal and reinstatement process, tracking results and managing the notification of students and the Registrar’s Office regarding reinstatement of suspension.
- Handle confidential student information with tact, discretion and in compliance with FERPA regulations.
- Teach one to two sections each semester of BCOR 191, B&E's once a week freshmen orientation class.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.