Senior Academic Advisor Leads the delivery of guidance and counsel to students designed to assist them in making decisions associated with their academic and/or career experiences. Assesses individual situations and circumstances, many complex in nature, and creates, implements and monitors recommendations, partnering with internal/external organizations and resources that meet student needs. Ensures compliance with all associated policies, rules and regulations.
- Manages & implements strategic plans.
- Recommends changes & improvements to functional operations to better meet organizational needs & objectives.
- Completes administrative activities such as assessment, operations planning, data management, and reporting.
- Researches best practices and peer institutions and market/economic conditions and recommends changes and enhancements to improve administrative effectiveness, services and/or resources.
- Reviews existing use of technology and recommends changes to incorporate state-of-the-art systems and tools as appropriate into all aspects of the advising and counseling program.
- Researches peer and cutting-edge developments regarding technology and recommends changes and enhancements that will improve delivery of resources and services.
- Provides customer service oriented, student centered guidance and counsel based on individual circumstances, preferences, etc. and in compliance with all associated policies, rules and regulations.
- Researches, develops and implements practices and activities that enhance student centered guidance and counsel.
- Academic advising & counseling may include more complex situations such as development of retention initiatives for students struggling academically or on academic probation; on extended absence; with special needs; etc.
- Consults with student affairs, academic departments, student organizations and administrative offices to exchange information regarding academic and career opportunities.
- Creates and nurtures relationships with organizations and alumni to develop a network of enthusiastic organizations engaged via active participation in the success of program.
- Identifies opportunities and strategies for short- and long-term growth & expansion of program resources, value and participation.
- Creates & implements program brand identity and marketing & advertising strategy regarding resources and services.
- Oversees marketing and advertising of new and current programs, partnering with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure marketing plan effectively targets students, sponsors, employers, etc.
- Ensures that all advertising and marketing materials accurately represent programs.
- Manages planning and arrangement of programs - meetings, workshops, trainings, events, etc. designed to provide information, promote resources and to build internal and external relationships.
- Manages event details including communication, venues, presenters, travel arrangements, materials, refreshments and technology ensuring that all are arranged and completed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Researches peer, competitor, and state-of-the art developments to enhance, improve, and innovate program topics and delivery to better meet goals & objectives.
- Supervises creation of components, including curriculum development, lectures, conferences, seminars, support groups, etc.
- Manages development and maintenance of evaluation processes including associated metrics and key performance indicators.
- Reviews & analyzes outcome measurements and recommends changes & enhancements to improve program.
- Collaborates with internal/external partners to implement changes designed to improve/increase program goals/objectives.
- Coordinates development & implementation of processes and procedures that ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local & NU laws, regulations, policies & procedures.
- Provides work direction to junior staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.