The Senior Academic Success Coaching Coordinator or Academic Success Coaching Coordinator is an integral part of a team environment that contributes to the best practices of both the Learning Support Unit and the Academic Success Center. The Senior Academic Success Coaching Coordinator or Academic Success Coaching Coordinator must also be able to work closely with college academic advising units, campus service providers, and faculty to ensure effective delivery of the Academic Success Coaching program. The position will provide leadership and support for best practices in student learning, achievement, and retention to assist students with the transition into college and provide on-going support to aid in retention, progression, and completion. This position will assist the Assistant Director of Academic Success Coaching and Bridge programs and the Director of Learning Support with achieving the goals of Learning Support within the Academic Success Center.The Senior Academic Success Coaching Coordinator or Academic Success Coaching Coordinator must have knowledge of student learning styles and methods for successful intervention with students to address academic skill gaps and other learning challenges. The Senior Academic Success Coaching Coordinator or Academic Success Coaching Coordinator requires experience in designing, implementing, and presenting various types of learning support interventions for groups and individual students. The person in this position must have knowledge of current research and trends in the area of coaching, learning support, and serving a very diverse college student population.
The Senior Academic Success Coaching Coordinator or Academic Success Coaching Coordinator must be able to recruit, hire, train, manage, evaluate, and support a staff of 1-2 professional Coaching Specialists, 10-20 graduate students who serve as Academic Success Coaches, and 2-4 students to serve as front desk employees. The Senior Academic Success Coaching Coordinator or Academic Success Coaching Coordinator must have experience working with a diverse student population, most of whom will be enrolled in developmental Math courses, first-generation, Pell eligible, AANIPISI, Hixson-Lied Success Scholars, Honors students, self-referral students, and/or students on academic probation. She or he must be able to collaborate with the Learning Programs Coordinator to create cohesive RebelPRIDE programs for first generation students and their parents, and work with other academic colleges, departments, and support units on campus for the delivery of best practices to serve the student population.It is preferable that the Coordinator position has college teaching experience. For the Senior Coordinator position, college level teaching experience is required for such courses as First Year Seminars or content specific courses. The Senior Coordinator must also have a solid working knowledge of best practices in college student development theory and professional organizations such as CRLA, NASPA, NACADA, etc.The Senior Academic Success Coaching Coordinator or Academic Success Coaching Coordinator must be able to create academic workshops for UNLV students to access both in person and on-line. She or he must be able to facilitate a growing program of outreach to new students, the local high schools, parents, and community at special events and activities. He or she must be able to design marketing materials for mailings, flyers, and website for promotional materials for emailing students, staff, and faculty on program resources and events. The Senior Academic Success Coaching Coordinator or Academic Success Coaching Coordinator schedules participation by Coaches in major campus events that include New Student Orientation, Rebel Welcome Events, Rebels Rise, Next Steps, Rebel Preview, RebelPRIDE, or other recognition events coordinated by admissions, registrar, or offices that encourage retention, progression, and completion.The Senior Academic Success Coaching Coordinator or Academic Success Coaching Coordinator must be able demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills. She or he must be able to function in a highly data driven environment to make decisions and to track student usage, progress, and retention. The Senior Coordinator must be able to analyze data using statistical packages such as SPSS and be able to present the information in a cogent and informative manner for decision making purposes. The Senior Academic Success Coaching Coordinator or Academic Success Coaching Coordinator must be able to work in a team environment to contribute to the best practices of both the ASC and Learning Support Unit. Additionally, he or she must have the ability to positively impact students through a student-centered approach is critical. The Senior Academic Success Coaching Coordinator or Academic Success Coaching Coordinator should have a working knowledge of policies and procedures of a university, and UNLV in particular.
Submit a letter of interest, a detailed resume listing qualifications and experience, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references who may be contacted. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based. All candidates are subject to a background check.Although this position will remain open until filled, review of candidates' materials will begin on October 31, 2017 and best consideration will be gained for materials submitted prior to that date. Materials should be addressed to Search Committee Chair, and are to be submitted via on-line application at https://hrsearch.unlv.edu. For assistance with UNLV's on-line applicant portal, contact UNLV Employment Services at (702) 895-3504 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNLV is a doctoral-degree-granting institution of approximately 29,000 students and more than 3,000 faculty and staff that is classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching as a research university with high research activity. UNLV offers a broad range of respected academic programs and is on a path to join the top tier of national public research universities. The university is committed to recruiting and retaining top students and faculty, educating the region's diversifying population and workforce, driving economic activity through increased research and community partnerships, and creating an academic health center for Southern Nevada that includes the launch of a new UNLV School of Medicine. UNLV is located on a 332-acre main campus and two satellite campuses in Southern Nevada.
Salary competitive with those at similarly situated institutions. Position is contingent upon funding.
(702) 895-3504 or email@example.com.
- This position requires a Master's Degree with all majors considered; Counseling, Education, Psychology, and/or Higher Education from a regionally accredited college or university.
- For Coordinator position, 1-2 years as a full time program manager in a learning center (tutoring, SI, or mentoring program) or related higher educational program that includes supervising graduate and undergraduate student employees. Preferred experience in teaching college level courses.
- For Sr. Coordinator position, 3-5 years required of full time supervision professional staff, graduate assistants, and undergraduate employees in a related higher educational program preferably in a learning center, but will consider other student affairs related staffing: admissions, residence life, campus recreation, technology, etc. where there is a large staff reporting to the position.
- Must have supervised/trained at least 1-5 Graduate Assistants and at least 1-2 professional staff.
- Must have experience teaching college level courses, such as first year seminar or discipline specific courses.
- Excellent speaking/writing experience, program management experience, understanding of college student development theory, and a commitment to collaborative learning.
- Extensive creation of training programs and presentation delivery a must. Preferred professional level experience in Higher Education or Adult Learning administration.
- Knowledge of Campus Connect, Workday, G-mail, Google Docs shared Spread sheets, MyUNLV/ PeopleSoft, MyAnalytics, MicroSoft Word & Excel, Survey tools such as Qualtrics, and presentation & design software such as Adobe Suite, Canva, Power Point, Prezi, & Publisher, and other software as applicable is necessary.