The Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, launched in the academic year 2016-2017, is comprised of the university's three accredited business schools: the School of Hotel Administration, the Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management, and the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management. The College delivers undergraduate, graduate, and professional business programs creating a collaborative, comprehensive business management program that preserves the excellence of all three schools while uniting the faculty and students. Founded in 1922, today's School of Hotel Administration (SHA) is the World's Most Adventurous Business School. Our mission is to create and disseminate knowledge about hospitality management through teaching, research, industry relations, and service. The school is home to 800 undergraduates, 110 graduate students and more than 1,700 industry professionals from 90 countries enrolled in executive education.Reporting to the School of Hotel Administration's Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, and secondarily to the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business Assistant Dean for Student Services, the Senior Director of Advising and Student Support is responsible for the overall delivery of academic advising and student support for approximately 900 undergraduate and 140 professional students for the School of Hotel Administration (SHA), including the staff, functions and programs engaged in: registrar, academic advising, student club and organization support, multi-cultural programs and student conduct issues.
Areas of responsibility include: serving as key point of contact for student services within SHA; event planning and execution (e.g. orientation, commencement); management of student services team to include registrar, advisor(s) and support staff; and regular reporting on student performance, well-being and engagement to SHA and SC Johnson College of Business leadership. This position is expected to collaborate with colleagues and departments across the SC Johnson College of Business, most specifically Admissions, Career Management and Student Services leaders in the Dyson and Johnson Schools.
- A Master's degree in education, student counseling or related field with at least three years of experience in student services, registrar or other related functions within the College/University; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Robust supervisory and managerial experience including goal setting, performance management, and training and coaching of professional staff
- Demonstrated ability to lead through change
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate, network and develop relationships.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends to support program goals.
- Familiarity with hospitality or related industries, familiarity business school education