Student Services Assistant
Categories: Mid South Region 3
|College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
|North Carolina State University
This position is the point of contact for academic matters (both undergraduate and graduate) in the agricultural and extension education program for the department and manages the following academic processes.
- Serves as the Student Services Assistant for the Agricultural and Extension Education graduate and undergraduate programs (including minors) which include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain student records for all students in graduate degree, certificate programs, and the non-degree alternative teacher certification in agricultural education (LEAP) program.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Department Director of Graduate Programs and the University Director of Graduate Programs, and the Graduate School (including admissions applications and materials; processing graduate school and graduate program forms).
- Assist the Department Director of Graduate Programs in resolving graduate student issues with the Graduate School, including graduate students on assistant-ships.
- Prompts students to meet critical Graduate School deadlines.
- Point-of-contact for graduate assistants.
- Maintain student records for all students in undergraduate degree and minor programs.
- Serve as a liaison between the Undergraduate Coordinators, the Offices of Registration and Records, and CALS Academic Programs on issues related to undergraduate student programs.
- Manage and maintain records of courses and curricula actions related to departmental degree and certificate programs.
- Serve as the Scheduling Officer for agricultural and extension education courses (AEE).
- Supervise work-study students, when applicable.
- Schedule meeting rooms for faculty and student organizations.
- Assist with planning and other duties related to departmental graduation ceremonies.
- Develop, update and/or maintain supplies of recruitment and departmental academic programs publications for faculty and student use.
- Maintain department web pages, social media accounts, and bulletin board monitors.
- Coordinate department Educational & Technology Fee (ETF) allocation requests.
- Departmental administrative duties, as needed.
The Department of Agricultural and Human Sciences educates students in agricultural and human sciences, finds solutions to problems, and extends knowledge to create healthy communities for youth and families. We do this through academic programs in agricultural and extension education and youth, family, and community sciences that are offered at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
($38,000 - $41,320)
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office suite (or similar software).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Leadership, or a related discipline.
- At least two years of experience working in student services support role.
- Experience in the University’s Student Information Systems (SIS), NextGen Admissions, & Admissions Pro.
- Google Suite applications.
- Web design software (e.g., WordPress).