The Enrollment and Student Success team within the Division of Extended Studies at Boise State University is enthusiastically seeking candidates for the position of Student Success Coach.
The Student Success Coach recruits prospective online students and supports them from the point of inquiry through application to the university, program admission, and enrollment. The Coach works with students to enhance student engagement, satisfaction, and persistence. The successful Coach is committed to providing timely, positive, and supportive service to students so they may achieve their academic goals. The candidate must have a positive attitude and commitment to higher education.
- Actively recruit prospective online students to meet or exceed enrollment goals for both undergraduate and graduate online degree programs.
- Engage with prospective students on a regular basis, sharing program details, materials needed by the university or processes that need to be completed.Provide accurate information regarding program attributes, admissions, financial aid, online education, academic planning, enrollment and graduation.
- Provide exceptional customer-service, actively listen and appropriately respond to student, colleague, stakeholder and supervisor needs/requests.
- Develop strong professional relationships with applicants to serve as their primary contact for support throughout their transition to Boise State and enrollment in our online programs.
- Analyze and evaluate the needs of the prospective students, determine appropriate information and referrals, exercise discretion to resolve issues, and tailor messaging to fit each unique situation.
- Serve as an academic program expert for select online degrees to answer detailed questions related to online programs, program processes and program outcomes.
- Partner with academic program staff and faculty to provide a seamless service experience for students.
- Assist admitted students through orientation to Boise State, selecting appropriate classes, registration, and preparing for enrollment.
- Provide resources to students regarding how to enroll and be successful as an online student.
- Initiate conversations with students at key points in time while students are enrolled in an online program to get a progress update, point out critical future deadlines, and gather feedback regarding overall program experience.
- Communicate effectively, proactively and regularly with students using a variety of communication mediums. Almost all communication and interactions with students occurs virtually, with telephone and e-mail being the primary methods of communication.
- Engage in intentional and continuous efforts to improve service to students, which includes improving internal processes, procedures and published content.
- Problem solve a variety of student related issues that will involve interpreting University policies and procedures, fact-finding, communicating with field experts, creating options, and deciding final action.
- Demonstrate a high level of maturity and independent judgment when working with various constituencies to meet the needs of students and academic programs.
- Maintain professional flexibility to accommodate rapidly changing processes, program information and priorities.
- Successfully develop and maintain positive, collaborative, respect-based relationships with students, co-workers, academic program staff, faculty and stakeholders within and outside of Boise State.
- Exhibit professionalism and integrity through excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as demeanor.
The hiring salary is $40,400 per year. Boise State University also offers an excellent benefits package to eligible employees.
- Respond with adaptability to rapidly changing priorities and work well under pressure.
- Perform in a manner that is reliable, dedicated, productive and exhibits strong self-initiative.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Collaborate and negotiate to achieve a desired outcome.
- Persuade and motivate others to pursue action.
- Handle difficult and sensitive situations, using sound, independent judgment within general policy and legal guidelines.
- Defuse tension in customer interactions, should it arise.
- Assimilate and organize material and ideas to communicate effectively in a variety of forms.
- Compose written material with a succinct, articulate message free of spelling or grammatical errors.
- Communicate via telephone in a professional manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with and elicit cooperation from colleagues, members of external groups, and co-workers on complex issues.
- Communicate with stakeholders and staff at a distance (phone, email, virtual conferences) and in person.
- Utilize organization, communication and time management skills.
- Actively participate on a team and work independently.
- Preserve confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Thrive in a dynamic atmosphere and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Be detail-oriented with a high level of energy, integrity and enthusiasm.
- Be sensitive to the concerns and needs of diverse student populations.
- Master's degree in appropriate field from an accredited college or university.
- Experience supporting online learners.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Experience with PeopleSoft or similar student information system.
- Experience with Hobson's Connect or similar Customer Relations. Management (CRM) database.