The Success Coach provides intensive and intrusive outreach, intake, advising, coaching, and retention services to students. The Success Coach helps students navigate the academic landscape, while providing wrap-around coaching and supportive services that lead to academic success and completion. This position will be assigned to one of our regional centers or main campus; either way, at least one day will be on main campus each week.
This full-time, administrative position will report to the Manager, Academic Advising.
- Work effectively with student services offices and academic departments to meet the goals and objectives of the advising office, division, and College. Serve as an active participant in a team environment, where employees work together to support student success.
- Assist students with navigating the enrollment process.
- Monitor student progress and utilize various retention strategies as needed to ensure student success. Advise students in goal setting, decision-making and the development of educational plans. Work in concert with the professional advising staff to ensure consistency and accuracy of such efforts.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders both on campus and in the community to develop and maintain essential partnerships that aid in the success of students.
- Assist the manager of the department with the coordination of events and overall successful administration of the department.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records within FERPA guidelines.
This position is open to internal/external candidates. To be considered, all required materials must be submitted no later than Monday, March 26, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. EST, and it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all required materials are submitted by the closing date and time. Only online applications will be accepted – any paper applications will be rejected and returned to the applicant. As part of the interview process, applicants will be given a writing assignment and will be required to make a presentation. To apply, go to: https://jobs.kellogg.edu/postings/548
Located in Battle Creek, Michigan, Kellogg Community College opened its doors on September 17, 1956 with a focus on academic excellence that is still recognized today. The original campus has expanded to include satellite sites in Albion (Eastern Academic Center), Coldwater (Grahl Center), Hastings (Fehsenfeld Center), and Battle Creek’s Fort Custer Industrial Park (Regional Manufacturing Technology Center). KCC employs over 900 full and part-time employees. Over 15,500 students take advantage of nearly 100 pre-professional college/university transfer programs. Approximately 40 associate degree programs are aimed at job preparation, and related training for apprenticeships. The Arts and Sciences Division employs 44 full-time faculty, nearly 200 adjunct faculty, and 12 full and part-time staff members. Approximately 6,000 students enroll in Arts and Sciences courses annually.
Kellogg Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants with all manner of diverse backgrounds to apply.
If you have questions regarding our online application process, please call 269 565-2074 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact person: Lisa Shanks