This position serves as a key member of the UNCW University College Office and the UNCW Office of Admissions, and will be responsible for providing comprehensive recruitment and advising services to prospective students seeking to transfer to UNCW from Fayetteville Technical Community College and Wake Tech Community College.
- Advises students on various aspects of college programs such as majors, course selection, transferability, and prerequisites for degree plans.
- Maintain accurate advising records and make appropriate referrals to campus resources
- Disseminates information on the enrollment process, including admissions, financial aid, assessment, advising, and transferring.
- Facilitates workshops and seminars in support of recruitment and retention.
- Reviews transferability of credit (transcripts, CLEP, AP exams), and graduation requirements based on pre-admission evaluation of transfer credit.
- May work on other special projects to support recruitment and retention.
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to learning through the integration of teaching and mentoring with research and service. A public institution with nearly 16,000 students, the university is known for its superb faculty and staff and powerful academic experience. With an array of high-quality programs at the baccalaureate and master’s levels, and doctoral programs in marine biology, educational leadership, psychology and nursing practice. UNCW is consistently recognized at a national level for academic excellence and affordability by publications like U.S. News & World Report, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance and The Business Journals. UNCW also recently earned the 2015 Community Engagement Classification from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, bestowed to higher education institutions dedicated to community involvement.