The School of Business Undergraduate Advisor is responsible for providing quality, student-centric advising regarding degree program options, academic requirements, and course planning to ensure students' programs of study fulfill the major/minor and the University's graduation requirements while also meeting the student's career and educational goals. Supervision received: general Guidance and Direction from Undergraduate Advising Director
The responsibilities described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Manage a caseload of students' records to ensure their requirements for graduation of the School of Business and the University are properly met.
- Advise students on matters of general curriculum, course and degree requirements, transfer credit evaluation, and graduation counseling and clearance.
- Assist continuing students with developing an educational plan of academic courses to achieve their intended educational and career goals.
- Advise students with course articulation, and recommend appropriate academic course loads and course selections.
- Support students' registration concerns and assist with enrollment management.
- Deliver accurate information and advice about graduation requirements, including course options
- Maintain confidentiality due to nature of interactions with students, parents, faculty and other School of Business personnel
- Update information for student academic files as needed.
- Advise students about procedures for independent studies, substitution/waiver of residency and graduation petitions
- Make appropriate referrals to departments and other college resources.
- Counsel students about general education and pre-major or major requirements. \
- Encourage students to make informed academic decisions with use oftheir Degree Audit Record and progress efficiently towards degree completion.
- Support University retention efforts.
- Promote awareness of the value of a liberal education.
- Meet with incoming transfer students to provide advisement and direction on completing graduation requirements in a timely manner.
- Work with faculty on the evaluation of courses taken at other college or universities.
- Conduct academic audits on select graduating advisees.
- Meet with prospective students and families interested in the School of Business at USD.
- Other duties as assigned
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check. Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.Click "http://apptrkr.com/1192455" to complete our online application. Please be sure to upload a resume to your application profile for the hiring managers' review. Additionally, we ask that you include a cover letter which details the following: • The most valuable professional experience and characteristics you will bring to this position • Your advising philosophy If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at mailto:email@example.com
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community. The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visitwww.sandiego.edu/smokefree.