Serve as a member of the President’s Cabinet with executive responsibility for the planning, management and evaluation of student services that support the accomplishment of the College’s Mission, Vision, Values, Strategic Directions and the continuation of the College’s accreditation status. Under the direction of the President, the Vice President for Student Services is responsible for providing strategic and innovative leadership that will meet the needs of a diverse student population, create pathways and a learning environment where all students have the opportunity to succeed, and produce outcomes that advance enrollment, retention, and completion goals. This position assures consistency, quality and the delivery of a successful student experience from the first time a prospect is contacted through their completion of study. The Vice President promotes high quality customer services and efficiencies of operation and is a champion for continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the college.
- Provides executive-level leadership, strategic planning, oversight, and coordination of Student Services in the areas of programming, policy development, human resources, facilities, and fiscal resource management.
- Provides leadership and guidance for the development and execution of high-quality and student-centered approaches to support student success in non-academic dimensions that lead to positive student learning outcomes.
- The Vice President of Student Services provides critical leadership in enhancing student services; strategic enrollment management; student support services to include financial aid, advising, counseling and testing; commencement; student support centers; disability services; international students; student development and student leadership; student conduct and ethical development; and student and residential life.
- Leads the development and implementation of data-informed strategies and performance metrics to improve enrollment, retention, progression, graduation, job placement, and transfer pathways.
- Provides oversight for the development, evaluation, and review of policies and procedures related to student success.
- Participates in all aspects of short-term and long-range institutional planning and in establishing measureable student services outcomes and practices.
- Fosters positive and collaborative relationships with partners both within and outside of the college including community, state, and national organizations.
- Designs and coordinates internal and external assessments to identify current and emerging economic, social, political, and technological trends and issues that may impact students and/or the college.
- Coordinates and executes the annual student services’ budget and supervises all assigned staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President.
Please submit your application on-line at http://sanjuancollege.peopleadmin.com/postings/2643
Located in Farmington New Mexico, San Juan College serves as a regional leader in education. The college has four campuses throughout the area, which include the main Farmington Campus; San Juan College 30th Street Campus, also located in Farmington; San Juan College East in Aztec, New Mexico; and San Juan College West, in Kirtland, New Mexico. Dedicated to student success and completion, San Juan College offers innovative, challenging and affordable academic programs that equip students with the knowledge, skills and confidence to succeed in meeting educational and career goals. Through online and face-to-face classes, students can choose from hundreds of two-year degree and certificate programs, non-credit community learning classes, and workforce training. In addition, the college partners with state universities to offer both bachelor’s and master’s degrees on campus. Mission Educate and empower individuals to thrive in an ever-changing world. Vision Inspire success through world-class education. Values San Juan College is committed to serving the needs of our students and the community through a process of continuous quality improvement. Incorporating the acronym of “iCare,” San Juan College upholds and affirms the values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
Employee Relations & Recruitment Manager