The National Academic Advising Association, Inc. (NACADA) based at Kansas State University in Manhattan, KS is seeking a Program Manager for a newly created position to manage several essential programs as well as provide collaborative leadership support to the Executive Director, Associate Director, and the association’s Board of Directors.
Appointment is contingent upon continuing availability of funding and need for these services.
Under the general guidance of the Associate Director, the incumbent will coordinate NACADA’s consulting and speakers service, serving as the first-level contact in managing important business relationships with national and international clients and consulting partners, scheduling consulting visits, and organizing nationwide and international travel. S/he will manage the national/international awards program, including administering the online awards submission and selection process and coordinating award presentation events at NACADA’s annual conference. The incumbent will interact regularly with NACADA leaders, assisting with leadership communications, preparing a wide variety of documents and correspondence, organizing travel, and planning for support needed at leadership meetings; will manage the leadership election process and programming; and may perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the ability to maintain collegial and professional working relationships with diverse groups of individuals, be comfortable working in an environment with frequent phone and online interaction, have excellent initiative and follow-through, and be able to carry out responsibilities in an independent and timely manner without extensive supervision.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume and name, phone number, and email address of three professional references with first-hand knowledge of your work including current or past supervisors. Application materials must clearly demonstrate how your qualifications meet those of this position. Email application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Maxine Coffey, Associate Director, NACADA, Kansas State University, 2323 Anderson Ave., Suite 225, Manhattan, KS 66502.
For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at: http://www.ksu.edu/nacada/ .
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Background and credit checks required.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· 1 year of experience in program administration, project management, event management or related field.
· Sophisticated level of experience using Microsoft Office, especially Word, Access and Excel.
· Experience managing or coordinating multiple priorities simultaneously.
· Experience in problem solving, learning and adapting quickly to new systems.
· Must be eligible for employment in the U.S. at the time of employment.
· Graduate coursework.
· 3 years of related experience in program administration, project management, event management or related field.
· Experience with coordinating national and/or international travel, including itineraries, air, lodging, car reservations, and support needed at the destination.
· Experience creating reports, managing databases, maintaining accurate records, and/or organizing special projects.
· Experience exercising good judgment and acting with discretion, tact and diplomacy.
· Experience in a non-profit or association environment.