NACADA Region awards/scholarships/grants programs are designed to support student success by providing opportunities for recognition and professional development opportunities for academic advisors, administrators, and graduate students.
Region Awards are open for applications between July 1 and November 1 each year (you may only apply within your region).
Please read the instructions and tips listed below before you begin your award/scholarship/grant submission.
- Access the Online Submission Portal.
- Enter a password - this can be simple and you can use the same one for other submissions.
- Select your Region.
- Next, select the award/scholarship/grant for which you are applying from the "Category" drop down box.
- Be sure to write down your award/scholarship/grant nomination number and your password so if you have to stop and come back to the nomination form, you can do so easily!
- The notification section is a list of people who you would want to know if you are selected for this award/scholarship/grant. We would suggest your president/provost, your supervisors, and your public relations department contact.
- All documents you upload need to be in PDF format.
- Required documents are different for each award/scholarship/grant. Please see your region awards page for more information before you begin the submission process.
REMINDER: You may save your application and come back as long as you have not hit the submit button. Remember to save your entry and use your award/scholarship/grant nomination number and your password to come back at a later time.
INFORMATION AND TIPS FOR APPLICANTS/NOMINATORS
- Nomination packets must include only original documentation prepared specifically for the NACADA awards/scholarships/grants program. Materials intended for other award programs will not be considered.
- Self-nominations are acceptable. Directors may nominate their own advising programs.
- Current members of the Board of Directors and Council are not eligible for consideration for any annual NACADA individual awards. After the member's term of office is over, s/he may then be eligible for consideration.
- Nomination materials submitted cannot be returned.
To help present your nomination in the best possible light:
- It is best to submit only letters and/or materials that add substance to the nomination. Quality is apprecaited more than quantity. A well-written and documented submission increases the likelihood of a positive outcome.
- The committee will not accept or consider additional material sent separately from your online submission or letters sent directly to the committee. Be sure to request that all support letters and documentation be returned to the nominator gathering the information for inclusion in the nomination packets for online submission.
- Videos, CDs and DVDs will not be accepted in support of any nomination in any region awards category.
- Submissions that do not meet the submission requirements will not be evaluated.
- If you do not receive an email confirming receipt of your nomination within 48 hours after you have completed the online submission process please contact NACADA at email@example.com with the applicaiton number and the region you are from.