Presented to selected student members who are interested in research and the development of scholarly works. This program will give selected individuals an opportunity to come explore their own research ideas and turn these into action plans. The scholarship will waive the student member registration fee to attend the NACADA Research Symposium. The provision of this type of support helps to advance the body of knowledge of academic advising while offering comprehensive professional development opportunities to NACADA members.
Scholarship winners will be required to submit a short reflection statement regarding his/her experience at the Research Symposium following the event.
- be a current NACADA regular or student member at the time of scholarship application or be willing to join if receiving the scholarship. (Note: Student membership requires certification that the student is currently enrolled and is not fully employed in an advising position. Please visit our Member Services page to become a NACADA member).
- demonstrate an interest in conducting and completing research within academic advising.
- provide a description of goals to be accomplished through participation in the NACADA Research Symposiums.
- Previous Research Symposium scholarship recipients are not eligible.
Because NACADA believes that there is considerable strength in diversity, the selection committee strongly encourages applications from groups under-represented in the Association and its leadership.
- Completed application in the Submission Portal.
- Brief letter of application, to include:
- As a graduate student, current area of study and career goals.
- Research Symposium Participation:
- List and describe the goals you hope to accomplish by attending the Research Symposium.
- In what ways would you like to extend your involvement in NACADA?
- Letter of support
- A required component of the application materials submitted for this award is a letter of support from your direct supervisor or doctoral advisor (if a graduate student). This letter must be on institutional letterhead.
- Reflection Statement
- Scholarship winners will be required to submit a short reflection statement regarding his/her experience at the Research Symposium. This paper should not exceed one page in length and will be due within one month following the Research Symposium attended. The reflection statement will be posted to the Awards website.