ELP funds may be used only for membership renewal, registration, and travel to NACADA regional conferences, annual conferences, and institutes.
- ELP funds used for registration purposes should be for events providing personal growth benefit to the ELP participant by allowing them to connect with other leaders and members as they look for opportunities to get involved.
- ELP funds cannot be used for special tours associated with a NACADA event or for any event not sponsored by NACADA.
- ELP funds are not intended for those events that may provide more institutional benefit (such as webinars) or for the purchase of resources (such as publications or DVDs).
Submitting a Membership Renewal OR Registering for a NACADA Conference
- Although the registration fee for ELP participants to attend a conference or institute may be covered by NACADA, a completed registration form is still needed for processing purposes. This also applies for a membership renewal.
- When submitting a membership renewal OR a registration form for a NACADA conference or institute, the Emerging Leader should write 'Complimentary as ELP participant' in the payment area on the form. NACADA will then transfer funds internally as appropriate to cover the cost of that event. NOTE: This cannot be done online; the faxable form must be used.
- If you choose to pay ONLINE for the event registration fee or membership and then submit that expense for reimbursement with ELP funds, reimbursement for events will be made after the event has concluded.
- Applicable receipts must be submitted for all expenses for which reimbursement is being requested.
- Reimbursement for travel expenses will be made after the event has been attended and the travel has been completed.
- When flying to an event, the cost of taking an airport shuttle or taxi to and from the event hotel is reimbursable with ELP funds.
- If you choose to rent a car instead, reimbursement for the car rental and related expenses (gas, tolls, hotel parking, parking meters, maps, etc.) may be made up to the equivalent of the round-trip cost of taking an airport shuttle or taxi.
- If driving from your home to the event, mileage may be reimbursed up to the equivalent of the cost of a 21-day advance airfare and airport parking, whichever is less.
- Reimbursable hotel expenses may include sleeping room charges (including taxes) and parking.
- Hotel expenses not covered may include phone calls, internet access, movie rentals, or other similar charges.
- The allowable per diem may be adjusted when specified meals are provided in the event registration fee or when the event is being held in a high-cost city.
- Reimbursements are made in U.S. funds.
- To expedite processing, you may fax the completed reimbursement form and receipts to Peggy's attention at (785) 532-7732, and then mail the originals.