NACADA Clearinghouse of Academic Advising Resources
Definition:The central location within the NACADA Web
site for the collection, vetting, organization, storage, and dissemination
of information and resources to assist academic advisors.
of the NACADAClearinghouse:To promote the advancement
of academic advising -- explain and improve practice -- by providing
members with electronic access to:
- member suggestedresourcesfor advisor professional development and the advising of students
- practitioner authoredoverviewsof relevant advising topics
- references that support memberresearchfor the betterment of the field, advising programs, advisors,
and the students we serve
Issues & Resources contain at least one of the
- Topic overview 'anchor' article written by a member knowledgeable in the
- Resource links to Web sites and additional articles applicable to the topic
- Bibliographies of articles and/or books where advisors
can 'read more about' the topic
Standards & Values include links to recognized
definitions, standards and values of advising.
Produced Publications suggested
by NACADA members as useful for both advisees and advisors.
History:TheNational Clearinghousefor Academic
Advisingwas developed and administered by University College, Ohio
State University from 1989 to 1999. Selected materials from the originalClearinghousewere combined with
the international resources of the NACADA Executive Office in April,
2002. The result is theNACADA Clearinghouse of Academic Advising
is updated daily. Further expansion is planned, see the 'Adding
to the Clearinghouse ".
- NACADA members are encouraged to recommend
or share a beneficial web sites by emailing suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer to author a Clearinghouse 'anchor' articles on a topic not covered. Ffind guidelines for writing
- Article authors must grant copyright to NACADA for publication
- Writing suggestions ( 10 tips on how to write less badly ) viaThe Chronicle
Disclaimer:The NACADAClearinghousefor Academic
Advising exists to promote the advancement of academic advising
through the greater dissemination of pertinent resources and research.
NACADA maintains copyright on allClearinghousepages.
does not authenticate, nor endorse any site linked within theClearinghouse.
Listing of a URL within theClearinghousedoes NOT constitute
permission to copy any portion of the linked pages. Contact page
owners directly for information regarding authorship and copyright