"15 TO FINISH - ADVISING MATTERS" WEBINAR RECORDING
NACADA and Complete College America present 15 to Finish – Advising Matters, featuring NACADA Executive Director Charlie Nutt, CCA Interim President Tom Sugar, CCA Vice President Dhanfu Ellston, and NACADA Associate Director Jennifer Joslin (recorded on Thursday, February 16th, 2017). Recently, the two organizations released Shared Principles for Boosting On-Time Graduation outlining academic advisors’ integral role in college completion efforts and encourages participation in 15 to Finish campaigns that increase credit accumulation and provide students critical information about on-time completion.
In this webinar, panelists discuss the 15 to Finish campaign begun by Complete College America, highlight the different campaigns across the United States, and outline the resources available for advisors and advising administrators for implementation on their campuses.
The resources below can assist advisors and advising administrators who have questions about 15 to Finish and other "Completion Agenda" or "Completion by Design" initiatives.
- NACADA-CCA Press Release -- Quarter or Term System Institutions, 2017
- Advising and the Completion Agenda: Key Voices in Higher Education - NACADA Webcast handout, 2014
- Advisor load, by Rich Robbins, 2013
- Advsior training and development: Why it matters and how to get started, by Givans Voller, 2012
- Factors to consider when re-structuring advising, by Marsha Miller, 2004
- Structuring our conversations: Shifting to four dimensional advising models, by Marsha Miller, 2012
- Vocational Degree to Bachelors: A Program to Improve Access to 4-Year Degrees for All Community College Students by Terese Pratt and Natalie Brown, 2012
- The Role of Academic Advising in Student Persistence, NACADA Webcast, 2009
- 2015 Tyton Partners iPASS (Integrated Planning and Advising for Student Success) Survey, via drivetodegree.org
- Complete College America
- Completion by Design
- Completing college: A national view of student attainment rates, via National Student Clearinghouse Research Center, 2012
- Completion by Design Planning tools
- Completing college: Rethinking institutional action Vince Tinto, via Project MUSE, 2012
- Completion by design evaluation, via MDRC, 2015
- Guided Pathways Dimystified, via inquiry2improvement, 2015
- Principles of redesign: Promising approaches to transform student outcomes, via Community College Research Center, 2013
- Simplifying complexity in the student experience, via Community College Research Center, 2014-15
- What We Know About Guided Pathways, via Community College Research Center, 2015
15 to Finish:
Finish in Four:
Related Commission and Interest Groups:
*All site links are member suggested; listing of commercial sites does not imply NACADA endorsement.