The NACADA Center for Research will serve as a resource for professional development of research skills. We enjoy a close partnership with the NACADA Research Committee, which is a dynamic group of members committed to the advancement of our profession through scholarly inquiry. Check their webpage for information about Research Grants, Research Awards, and the process for submitting proposals to recruit participants for your important research.
Research Skills and Tips
This will be a good place to start for brief overviews of concepts and steps related to a wide range of designs and paradigms. Coming soon:
- Humanities-based Scholarly Inquiry #1: An Overview – Peter Hagen
- Social Science Designs in Scholarly Inquiry #1: An Overview – Wendy Troxel
- Scholarly Writing #1: An Overview – Rhonda Dean-Kyncl
- Ethics in Research #1: An Overview – Shannon Lynn Burton
- Global Perspectives #1: Research in the United Kingdom – David Grey
And check back soon for additional series modules and more topics, such as conducting literature reviews and developing critical questions for analysis.