Mission: The NACADA Research Committee promotes the advancement of scholarly inquiry within the association and, working collaboratively with the NACADA Center for Research at Kansas State University, supports the consumption and production of a body of knowledge designed to advance the field and practice of academic advising.
Research Committee Key Tasks:
- Solicit and review applications for NACADA Research Grants
- Solicit and review applications for Research Awards
- Review potential surveys for membership distribution
- Plan and organize research opportunities at regional and annual conferences
- Serve as initial point of contact for research mentoring opportunities
- Collaborate with NACADA Center for Research to advance educational opportunities
Membership: The Research Committee is composed of current NACADA members who are skilled in a variety of research methodologies and approaches. Each member brings a nuanced understanding of the field of academic advising in order to promote the conditions necessary to advance the body of knowledge within the field. Commmittee members serve a two-year term and meet yearly at the NACADA annual conference.